Main Street Kiwanis Club award scholarships
Jeanne Hill, a member of the Main Street Morning Kiwanis Club, has announced the 2020 collegejunior/senior scholarship winners.
The scholarships are awarded in the amount of $400 each. The Main Street Kiwanis Scholarship Committee selected the winners based on academic achievement and community service.
The five scholarship winners are:
• Erin Bahrenfuss will be a junior at Allen College in Waterloo where she is pursuing a degree in nursing. She is the daughter of Kevin and Trish Bahrenfuss.
• Madalyn Casady, a senior at Iowa State University, is pursuing a degree in agriculture business and public relations. She is the daughter of Ryan and Michelle Casady.
• Zach Dodge is a senior at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri where he is pursing a degree in theology. He is the son of Kelly Dodge and the late Bill Dodge.
• Katie Greenfield will be a senior at Iowa State University where she is pursuing a degree in communication studies and business. She is the daughter of Troy and Tammy Greenfield.
• Jacob Nilles is a junior at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin, where is pursuing a degree in theology and philosophy. He is the son of Dennis and Gina Nilles.
The club also selected on Webster City High School 2020 senior to be awarded a $500 scholarship to attend a vocational school this fall. The recipient, Kyle Greenfield, son of Troy and Tammy Greenfield, plans to attend Iowa Central Community College this fall and study a specialized computer program that teaches programming and connects with a company called Forge in Jefferson. He will go to class and then actually work with a company at Forge while studying.