Ellsworth ready to welcome RVTV
Volunteers in Ellsworth are working hard to be ready for RVTV when it rolls into their town on Tuesday.
The day kicks off with a smoking meats contest that will last all day in the town park, where afternoon and evening activities will take place as well. Food will be available from assorted vendors at the park. Starting at 4 p.m., the South Hamilton high school band and choir will perform, followed by:
• 5 p.m. Cy/Hawk tug of war challenge
• 5:30 p.m. Hot dog eating challenge
• 6 p.m. Super Fan contest
• 6:30 p.m. RVTV 5K Run-Walk
• 7-10 p.m. Live music by the Two Feet Deep Band
• 7:30 p.m. Lawn mower races
• 8 p.m. Corn hole tournament
• 9 p.m. Continuous activities in the park
• 10:30 p.m. Grand finale fireworks
Organizer Marcy Olson, a life-long Hawk fan who has lived in Ellsworth more than forty years, first approached WHO TV two years ago about bringing the popular RVTV to her community to celebrate Cy-Hawk Week. Ellsworth is one stop on the week-long journey highlighting the big game on Saturday, September 14 at ISU’s Jack Trice Stadium.
According to Olson, several dozen volunteers from Ellsworth have been involved for several months now in planning for the big event.