NANCY JANE DERMAND
Nancy Jane Dermand, 89, of Webster City, died on Friday, December 20, 2019, in Webster City. A visitation will be held from 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. on Saturday, January 11, 2020, at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Webster City, followed by a memorial service at 11:00 a.m. The family has chosen Boman Funeral Home (www.bomanfh.com) to care for their needs.
Nancy was born on June 10, 1930 to Charles and Ruth (Peterson) Parrish in Webster City. She attended and graduated from Webster City Schools and then went on to pursue her passion of nursing, graduating from Iowa Methodist School of Nursing. Nancy then returned to Webster City and began her career as an RN at Hamilton County Hospital.
Nancy married Constantine “Gus” Dermand on March 23, 1952, in Des Moines, Iowa. She continued to pursue her love of nursing as an OB nurse and a medical surgical nurse. She later worked for Dr JL Ptacek as an office nurse and then became the school nurse for the Webster City Schools. Nancy then began the Hospice program in Webster City, was the director of Hamilton County Public Health, and served on the hospital board, retiring at the age of 77.
Nancy enjoyed her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was an avid reader, loved tending to her beautiful flower gardens, making peanut brittle, playing bridge, and serving those in need.
Her family includes her husband; son Steve Dermand and special friend Polly of Indianola, IA; daughters: Beth (Rick) Alt of Seward, NE, and Emily Dermand of Ankeny, IA; 10 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, sister MaryLou Mechaelsen of Kamrar, IA and brother Michael Parrish of Fort Dodge, IA.
Nancy enjoyed serving the community with those who attend the survivor group with Public Health and helping friends and family in need. Nancy spent the past few years at Southfield Wellness Community and enjoyed the friendships she made throughout the years.
Nancy’s family asks that memorials be directed to VanDiest Medical Center or to the Good Shepard Episcopal Church (building fund/kitchen project).