VDMC releases updated visitor guidelines
One visitor per patient per day to be allowed
New guidelines for visitation at Van Diest Medical Center were released Wednesday afternoon.
VDMC officials said the faciloity remains committed to safety as a priority and works diligently to protect patients, staff and communities from exposure to COVID-19. The hospital continues to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities to ensure that clinical care provided is consistent with the latest recommendations and research.
Officials said they recognize that patient support from a family member or loved one contributes to the patient experience, safety and healing; however, it is extremely important to balance these critical elements with the need to protect patients and staff from exposure to COVID-19. As the hospital continues to monitor the current COVID environment and adjust to this dynamic period, new updated visitation guidelines have been implemented with respect to visitors in the Inpatient Department at Van Diest Medical Center effective immediately. The following guidelines will be utilized for visitation with non-COVID-19 patients:
• One visitor, per patient, per day will be allowed to visit between the hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Visitor must be 18 years of age or older
• Visitor will be instructed to call 832.7823 to inform nursing staff of arrival to the facility
• Visitor will be instructed to bring their own mask to wear upon entering the facility. A cloth mask will be provided if the visitor arrives without a mask
• Visitor will be met, temperature and symptom screened upon entry into the facility by a Medical/Surgical staff member then escorted directly to the patient room, remaining with the patient, and not allowed to go in and out of the room nor exit the facility and return the same day
• Visitors will be required to wear facemasks at all times throughout the visit
• Visitors are only allowed in the patient room or other area in which the patient they are visiting is located; no use of waiting rooms or the cafeteria
• Proper hand hygiene will be encouraged upon entering the room and upon exit
• Physical distancing is encouraged in the hallways
• No visitors will be allowed with COVID-19 patients
Hospital officials may suspend a visitation at any time when/if it is warranted and will continue to meet weekly and monitor COVID-19 activity and case counts, returning to full visitor restrictions if deemed appropriate.
Van Diest Medical Center Hospital and Clinics continues to screen all patients, visitors and staff members at every entry point for symptoms and temperature, with universal masking required throughout the facilities.