RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) offers adult volunteers aged 55+ quality opportunities to share their skills, interests and life experiences in response to a wide variety of community needs. The Central Iowa RSVP North office, which serves Hamilton County, is located in the Webster City Community and Senior Center, 749 2nd Street, Webster City. Contact Becky Koppen, RSVP volunteer coordinator at (515)832-2525.
The following volunteer opportunities are available to any RSVP volunteer:
- All Cultures Equal "Friends Helping Friends" is a project designed to allow community members to share their skills by teaching classes or mentoring others in their area of interest. Suggested classes include cooking favorites for good health, exercise, basic computer, or any other ideas you may have. One-on-one helpers with English as a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes are needed as well. (No foreign language is required)
- Crestview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - There is a new activities director at Crestview, and she is looking for a person to help with crafts, and someone to direct the bell choir.
- Meals on Wheels - volunteers are needed to do recording of artifacts, light cleaning, and giving assistance at special events.
- Crestview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center-male volunteer is needed to spend time one-on-one with male residents, also someone to help with activities with a hearing-impaired resident.
- Meals on Wheels - looking for people willing to substitute for regular route drivers to deliver meals, routes run M-F, 11:15-12:15. Be a bright spot in an older person's day.
- Van Diest Medical Center - Knitted caps for newborns-Van Diest Medical Center gives hand-knitted caps to the babies delivered there, so we are looking for volunteers to knit a cap or two every month.
- WesleyLife Hospice Care - his hospice care organization takes needed services to wherever the hospice client lives. WesleyLife is looking for volunteers to sit/visit/read/pray/play games/play music with clients. Other opportunities to serve include sewing bears and making clothing for them, and baking cakes and cookies for hospice clients.
- Riverview Day Care and Preschool and St. Paul's Lutheran Preschool - teachers would appreciate the assistance of volunteer classroom helpers in the day care and preschool classes.