Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Oven is cause of fire

Home receives moderate smoke damage

September 1, 2010
The Daily Freeman Journal

An oven was determined to be the culprit in a fire call Tuesday morning in Webster City.

Firefighters were called to the scene around 8:40 a.m. Upon arrival at 514 Division St., fire personnel discovered a oven on fire. The oven had reportedly been switched to the clean cycle and the oven compartment contained several utensils. The firefighters extinguished the fire, removed the stove and cleared the home of smoke,

The stove was destroyed, according to Fire?Department officials, and the home received moderate smoke damage throughout.

Article Photos

- Daily Freeman-Journal photo by Anne Blankenship

Webster City firefighters carry out a stove that caught fire and caused damage to a home on Division Street Tuesday morning, The clean cycle on the oven was turned on and utensils inside the compartment caught fire, according to reports.

Fermin C. Moreno was the tenant at the home that is owned by Marvin Burke, of Fort Dodge.

 
 

 

I am looking for: