Public Health to offer flu clinics
Clinics to begin this week
The Hamilton County Public Health will be hosting flu shot clinics during the month of September, as well as a few scheduled in October. The clinics will be held at different locations in Webster City and the surrounding small towns.
Most insurance companies will cover the cost of the flu shot, but Traditional Medicare Part B, Medicaid, and most Private Insurance companies are accepted with Hamilton County Public Health.
For those without insurance, the cost of a flu shot is $25 for the low dose for those aged 6 months to 64, and $50 for the high dose for those 65-years and older. According to Dawn Trujillo, a Hamilton County Public Health nurse, the difference between the low dose and the high dose is the added antigens in the higher dose, which are aimed towards senior citizens aged 65 and up, who will need the added boost for flu season.
“Anybody and everybody is welcome to walk-in during the scheduled times listed at the various locations offered. We will even be visiting the smaller surrounding towns in order to bring the flu vaccinations to those who may not make it into Webster City frequently,” said Trujillo. “We even provide a drive-thru clinic at the Webster City Fire Station for maximum convenience. You don’t even have to get out of your car, just provide your insurance card or the appropriate cash amount and you’re good to go.”
• Thursday, Sept. 13, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hamilton County Public Health, 820 James St.
• Thursday, Sept. 20, 4-6 p.m., Webster City Fire Station Drive-Through clinic
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 9-9:30 a.m. Thrivent Financial, Blairsburg
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 9:45-10:15 a.m., Fire Station, Williams
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 10:45-11:15 a.m., Stanhope Community Center
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Kamrar Lions Building
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 1-1:30 p.m., Fire Station, Jewell
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 1:45-2 p.m., Library, Ellsworth
• Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2:30-3 p.m., City Hall, Randall
• Thursday, Sept. 27, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hamilton County Public Health, 820 James St.
• Thursday, Oct. 4, 9-10 a.m., SALT meeting, Southfield Wellness Community, 9-10 a.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 25, 3-5 p.m., Embracing the Journey Seminar, Asbury United Methodist Church, Webster City.