Council to appoint positions
Mayor, Mayor Pro Tem to be elected
Members of the City Council of Webster City will elect the Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem during tonight’s council meeting.
After both two-year terms are approved, City Clerk Karyl Bonjour will administer the oath to both representatives.
The council may also approve appointing the following representatives to a series of official positions including:
• City Manager – Daniel Ortiz-Hernandez
• Representative and alternate representative to the North Iowa Municipal Electric Cooperative Association – Adam Dickinson, Ken Wetzler
• Right to Know Coordinator – Brian Stroner
• Representative to the Greenbelt Advisory Commission – Kent Harfst
• Hamilton County Communication Service Advisory Board (911) – The Mayor is automatically the representative
• Hamilton County Resource Enhancement Committee – The Mayor is automatically the member, unless the Mayor designates a council member
• Representative to the Hamilton County Emergency Management Board – Charles Stansfield
• Representative and alternate to the MIDAS Transportation Advisory Committee – Kent Harfst, Matt Alcazar
• Webster City Day Care Board – Brian Miller
• Riverview Early Education Center – Logan Welch
The council may appoint the Daily Freeman-Journal as the official newspaper of the city.
The council will observe a presentation by Williams & Company P.C. on the 2016-2017 City of Webster City Audit. The council may then approve accepting and placing the audit on file.
A representative of the Hamilton County Advocates organization will speak on behalf of their TNR program.
The second reading of an ordinance amending no parking zones in downtown Webster City may be approved.
The council may approve to accept work and authorize the final payment of $12,119.53 and release a retainage of $637.87 in 30 days to The Tile Pros’s, of Webster City. This will be for completion of contract for the Millards Lane Drainage Project.
The council may also approve the payment of security cameras which were installed at City Hall.