Annual Ag Show returns to Fort Dodge Dec. 6
Two-day event to feature many exhibits, speakers and programs
FORT DODGE — Farm News is hosting its 16th annual Ag Show from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 6 and from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Iowa Central Community College East Campus, 2031 Quail Ave., Fort Dodge.
This location formerly housed Smithway Motor Xpress on the east side of Fort Dodge.
More than 30,000 square feet of exhibitor space and exhibitors from Iowa and surrounding states will showcase their latest state-of-the-art technology in grain products, equipment, ag services, seed varieties and toy farm buildings. Parking is free, and there is no admission charge to the show.
Those attending the show can register to win a Kubota, two-piece, 19-drawer toolbox, valued at more than $2,300. The toolbox is provided by R & J Material Handling, Fort Dodge and Farm News.
• Kelvin Leibold, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach farm and ag business management specialist, will speak from 9 a.m. to10:15 a.m. on Wednesday and will discuss “Global Agriculture — What’s Happening; What’s Next?”
• Matt Helmers, ag and bio-systems engineering from Iowa State University, will speak from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday and will discuss “Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy: What Practices and How Much.” Helmer’s appearance is sponsored by The Country Store.
• Ernie Goss, professor of economics at Creighton University and director of Goss Institute, will speak from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday and will discuss “The Farm Economy, Exports, and Federal Reserve Policies: The Outlook Based on Rural Bank CEOs.” Goss’ appearance is sponsored by Farm Credit Services of America, Webster City.
• Marji Alaniz, president and founder of FarmHer, will speak from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday and will discuss “Shining a Light on Women in Agriculture.”
• Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University climatologist, will speak from 8:30 a.m. to10 a.m. on Thursday and will discuss “Weather Outlook for 2018.” Taylor’s appearance is sponsored by United Bank of Iowa, Fort Dodge.
• David Kruse, president of CommStock Investments and author of the “CommStock Report,ã will speak from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Thursday and will discuss “When Persistence Pays –It’s Time to get Stubborn.” Kruse’s appearance is sponsored by John Pitzer Sales.
• Dr. Charles Hurburgh, ISU professor of agriculture and biosystems engineering, will speak from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. on Thursday and will discuss “Crop Quality Management for the 2017 Harvest.”
Water will be served during the speaker presentations courtesy of Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters, of Fort Dodge.
Lunch is available on site by the Webster County Pork Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday and by the Webster County Beef Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday. Meals will be served by the Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Ambassadors with the help of Iowa Central Community College agricultural students.
There will be a free pancake breakfast for the first 525 guests from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Thursday. The breakfast is catered by Chris Cakes and is sponsored by the Webster County Farm Bureau.
Farm News Ag Show partners include Iowa Central Community College, Webster County Farm Bureau, R & J Material Handling, United Bank of Iowa / Fort Dodge, Farm Credit Services of America, Webster City, John Pitzer Sales, The Country Store, Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance, Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters, Webster County ISU Extension, Webster County Pork Producers and the Webster County Beef Producers.
For more information, contact Dana Lantz, advertising manager, Farm News, 713 Central Ave., Fort Dodge, IA 50501 or firstname.lastname@example.org, (515) 574-4451, or (800) 622-6613, ext. 450.