WCFD investigates house fire Tuesday

No one home at the time of the fire

Webster City Firefighters were called to investigated a house fire shortly after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke coming from the eaves of a home at 1040 Bluff St, owned by Holly Mortenson of Webster City. A fire was found in the bathroom ceiling on the east side of the home. Crews extinguished fires in the wall between the first and second floor and in the access attic which had fire coming from the vents. Firefighters removed the metal roofing about the bathroom.

According to reports, Captains Brandon Hayes and Andy Sowle conducted the investigation and found the probable cause to be overloaded wiring in a ceiling light.

No occupants were at home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. Two cats were rescued.

Fire crews were on the scene about an hour.

COMMENTS